Jindal Steel & Power Limited (JSPL) today signed an MoU with the state for managing the affairs of the upcoming Industrial Training Institute (ITI) in Godda district of Santhal Pargana.
Godda ITI is situated in Godda-Bhagalpur road, around 5km from the town. This would be the second such MoU signed within a week. On June 5, Tata Steel had signed a similar MoU with the state for newly built Tamar ITI.
According to the agreement, the state will provide the land and building whereas JSPL is supposed to arrange for equipment, machinery, instructors besides managing the administrative affairs. At present, courses to be offered at ITI, number of seats have not been decided but 25 per cent of the seats in the institute will be filled up through a test conducted by the state while the rest (75 per cent) will be filled up by JSPL. The steel plant will have the responsibility to spend running costs and getting affiliation from bodies like National Council of Vocational Training and its state counterpart.
Today at Nepal House in the state secretariat, the MoU was signed between director of state labour, employment & training department Kapildeo Tiwary and JSPL's head (strategic HR) S.P. Sahni. The company's director of HR K.K. Sinha and development commissioner S.K. Choudhary were also present.
JSPL's assistant vice-president Avijit Ghosh said they would start the session from February 2010. "Our effort is to enhance the skill of local youths of Santhal Pargana and of the state," he said.
June 10, 2009 / telegraph